Less than two months left for Christmas… yikes! This is an excellent time to start preparing for a holiday. A lot of Sri Lankans like to travel to places such as Malaysia, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Maldives and Thailand, partly because the flights are reasonably priced. Sometimes, we need a little help in packing. With that in mind, here is our traveller’s checklist for hot, humid weather.
UPDATE: If you’re planning on going somewhere cold, have a look at our checklist for cold weather
- Sports shirts -these move moisture away from the body than conventional shirts
- Lightweight pants/shorts/skirts – avoid jeans
- Swimsuits (women) or shorts which can be used for swimming (men)
- Quick drying towels
- A rain jacket
- Sandals or canvas shoes,
- Sport socks/quick drying socks as they move the moisture away from your feet/dry a lot faster
For the heat:
- A wide brimmed hat, as it provides all round protection for your head and neck
- A water bottle to help combat dehydration
- Mobile phone+ charger
- Digital camera+ chargers
- Travel adaptors
- Anti malarial tablets (necessary for Sub Saharan African nations such as Kenya, Zambia, Nigeria, Ethiopia etc)
- Plug in mosquito killer/citronella oil
- Toiletaries bag:
- Soap/shower gel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shaving gear
- Travel clothesline and soap flakes
- Extra/dry bag to store wet clothes
- Luggage/suitcase and carry on bag
- Travel documents: Passports, visas, airline tickets/boarding passes
- Travel Insurance
Liked this list? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Disclaimer: The views shared in this blog are based on the macro economic conditions & industry status quo as per the time of publishing.
It’s difficult to find well-informed people in this particular topic. However, you sound like you know what you’re
talking about! Thanks
Thank you for your kind words! I just might end up doing another one for colder weather later on, so be on the lookout!