A sudden breakdown on the go could be major destruction and change your plan for the day. To keep you up and running smoothly, keep these in your trunk:
- Spare tires – Have at least one spare tire in good condition along with a tire jack and tire iron. Without these tools, the spare tire is useless.
- Jumper cables – This is something we all need as we never know when the car’s battery would go down. Alternatively, you can pack an emergency battery booster so you don’t have to rely on any stranger on the go.
- Your car’s manual – This should be in your glove compartment all the time.
- First aid kit – This can be vital if you’re in an accident on the road and someone has injuries. Slowing down bleeding quickly can mean the difference between walking something off and going into shock.
- Tire air gauge – This one isn’t so vital for emergencies, but is absolutely essential for preventive maintenance.
- Flashlight – A flashlight is utterly essential at night if you need to change a tire.
- Battery charger – A few of the items on this list require batteries. A portable battery charger can plug into your car and charge up all the batteries you need.