Pouring rain across the country, sudden climate changes, floods, diseases, and on top of all, do you worry on how these would affect you? If so, your worry is perfectly understandable, as such adverse weather brings about all concerns on how it would impact the routine of activities that all mankind lives upon. Hence, a few tips to ease the hassle.
- First and foremost, be on alert and spread emergency hotlines amongst those who are known and could be affected.
- Have emergency kits, first aid bags and backup lighting prepared to avoid any involvement in electricity fixings.
- If heavy rainfall continues to remain, keep an eye on weather forecasts on local media and social networking platforms.
- Try and avoid reasons to leave home unless otherwise it is absolutely necessary.
- If you are stepping outside, avoid open spaces and standing under tall trees or electricity poles.
- Avoid the use of electrical devices in wet conditions such as mobile phones.
- Disconnect/unplug power supply from home appliances.
- Check regularly water and drainage channels and conduct the necessary maintenance.