The effect of soaring rain could often reach its crucial limits, and being mindful of such, it is also important that you conduct your on road chores abiding by the simplest, yet highly effective safety protocols for the one, and only one reason; Safety! Safety, on this note implies to the end result of all necessary and recommended actions that you should take in order to avoid any cause of trouble on road due to adverse weather such as heavy rainfall. Here are a few tips for driving safety in the rain.
- Since you might be stepping out to attend to a duty that is unavoidable, it is wise to start off with checking the brakes of your vehicle.
- Also if your wiper blades are old or brittle you might need to consider replacing them so that there will be no cause of blurry vision.
- Your vehicle might have bad tires which significantly reduces traction on wet roadways. So keep an eye and do the needful of replacing them.
- As you set off on your journey, you should also keep in mind to drive slow on slippery roads.
- Applying brakes earlier and with less force might reduce the chance of skidding, which is also very crucial if your path meets cliffs and hills.
- It is very likely that hazy and foggy conditions might arise, therefore turning on headlights is beneficial and suggested to assist detection of other beings on road.
- As floods are most probable during such weather, you dare should not attempt crossing running water. Instead, find a safe place to park and remain until high water eases, as two feet of water can sweep away your vehicle.