Here are some effective interview tips to face a job interview successfully.
Carry out a background study and conduct an in-depth research about the employer. Know about the industry, the macro and mic conditions acting upon the industry. The more research you conduct, the more you’ll understand the employer, and the better you’ll be able to answer interview questions
- Prepare effective responses for common interview question:
This is another effective way to prepare for an interview. Identify common questions related tot he job as well as the industry. Prepare for questions from and individual interviewer as well as a panel.
The first impression matter. Select a dress code which reflects your personality. Be mindful of the colors, designs and other elements of the dress code
Be at the given location at least 15 minutes prior to the allocated time. This will help you to relax and be ready for the interview.
- Be authentic and confident:
Be focused on the questions and answer with confidence. The key to success is the quality and delivery of your responses. Provide solid examples of your accomplishments and your strengths.
HNB General Insurance Limited (HNBGI) a fully owned subsidiary of HNB Assurance PLC (HNBA) announced the appointment of Jude Benjamin as its Chief Business Officer for Personal Lines and Branch Network.
A professional with a charismatic and a dynamic personality and a product of St. Thomas’ College, Mount Lavinia, Jude holds expertise of over two decades in Marketing including, brand building, marketing communications, business development, event management as well as broker development.
Prior to the appointment of HNBGI, Jude has held many Senior Managerial positions. At his last position, Jude served Orient Insurance Limited as the Senior Vice President for Distribution and Marketing for a span of five years, prior to which he functioned as the Assistant Vice President, Marketing of American International Group (AIG). He has led many initiatives in developing distribution initiatives as well as strategizing operations and setting up and monitoring distributions channels. In addition, Jude has served Asian Alliance Insurance as the Head of Marketing for a period of two years and Union Assurance PLC as the Manager for Broker Networking for a period of six years.
The festive season is filled with happiness and celebration. Stay safe on the road and make this season more memorable. Here are some useful tips to keep in mind.
- Don’t drink and drive – Drunk driving is a major contributory factor to road accidents and road deaths. Plan ahead alternative transportation modes to travel during the season.
- Control the speed – Watch out for the speed on the road. Do not attempt to exceed the maximum speed limit on a given route.
- Wear your seat belt – Always buckle up. Wearing your seat belt can reduce your risk during a crash. Make sure the passengers are buckled into appropriate safety seats.
- Obey road rules –Always obey the rules of the road. Stay within the speed limits at all times.
- Carry an Emergency Kit – An emergency kit should include items that would come in handy if you are stranded on the side of the road or involved in a vehicle accident.
The ‘S’ Way of Parking
Worried about parallel parking? Here are simple tips to help you out:
- Always look out for incoming and back traffic
- Make sure your foot is always on or near the brake pedal
- Ensure the parking space is at least six feet longer than the vehicle
- Flash the brake lights and put on your turn on signal lights before you park
- Reduce the speed
The ‘S’ Method
- Turn on your signal and pull up three feet away from the vehicle you want to park behind. Make sure to align your back tires with the other vehicle’s back bumper
- Put your vehicle into reverse and turn your wheels all the way to the right
- Very slowly back up until you are at a 45-degree angle, then stop
- Turn the wheels all the way to the left
- Back up very slowly until you are parallel with the curb
Many tend to forget to clean the steering wheel which is an important interior element of your vehicle and which is constantly held while driving. The steering wheel is a known place which gathers dust and other dirt particles, especially if the hands are too moist. Here are simple yet effective ways to clean the steering wheel.
- As the initial step, a wet towel could be used on the steering wheel to soften the grime
- A degreaser or any other solution could be used on a microfiber towel
- Gently rub the towel on the steering wheel and circulate in small sections
- Continue to wipe the steering wheel gently
- Once you deice the steering wheel is fully cleaned, wipe the steering wheel in a 360 degree circle in order to make the cleaning even
- Once the steering wheel is cleaned with a wet towel with a preferred solution, with another fresh slightly wet towel, gently clean off the steering wheel
- To end the process, add a preferred protectant as necessary
Here are some weird ways to make your car spotless.
- Baking soda as a Car Cleaner – Say What!
Pour 1/4 cup baking soda into a gallon-sized jug, then add 1/4 cup dish-washing liquid and enough water to fill the jug almost to the top. Screw on the cap, shake well, and store the concentrate for later use. When it comes time to wash the car, shake the jug vigorously and then pour 1 cup of cleaner base into a 2-gallon water pail. Fill the pail with warm water, stir to mix, and your homemade cleaning solution is ready to use.
- Heat Matters – Ever Thought of That?
Washing your car when it’s too hot, right after you’ve been driving it, for example, or when it’s been parked in direct sunlight, can result in soapy splotches and deposits.
- Avoid Air Drying – Say No More!
Air drying your car, or driving it around while it’s wet after washing can leave unsightly watermarks on its exterior. Use a soft cloth and a squeegee to soak excess water up. Ensure it doesn’t pick up dirt that can scratch the vehicle.
- Blade Cleaners – Get it Cleaned..
If your windshield wiper blades get dirty, they’ll streak the glass instead of keeping it clean and clear. Make a solution of 1/4 cup household ammonia to 1 quart cold water. Gently lift the blades, and wipe both sides with a soft cloth or paper towel soaked in the solution. Then wipe the blades with a dry cloth before lowering them into place.
- Window Cleaner – What Every Car Needs!
Clean your windshield and car windows by rubbing them with baby wipes stored in your glove compartment.
- Hair Conditioner – Ever Thought of That?
Wash your car with a hair conditioner containing lanolin. You’ll become a believer when you see the freshly waxed look.