Here are some effective interview tips to face a job interview successfully.
Carry out a background study and conduct an in-depth research about the employer. Know about the industry, the macro and mic conditions acting upon the industry. The more research you conduct, the more you’ll understand the employer, and the better you’ll be able to answer interview questions
- Prepare effective responses for common interview question:
This is another effective way to prepare for an interview. Identify common questions related tot he job as well as the industry. Prepare for questions from and individual interviewer as well as a panel.
The first impression matter. Select a dress code which reflects your personality. Be mindful of the colors, designs and other elements of the dress code
Be at the given location at least 15 minutes prior to the allocated time. This will help you to relax and be ready for the interview.
- Be authentic and confident:
Be focused on the questions and answer with confidence. The key to success is the quality and delivery of your responses. Provide solid examples of your accomplishments and your strengths.
HNB General Insurance Limited (HNBGI) a fully owned subsidiary of HNB Assurance PLC (HNBA) announced the appointment of Jude Benjamin as its Chief Business Officer for Personal Lines and Branch Network.
A professional with a charismatic and a dynamic personality and a product of St. Thomas’ College, Mount Lavinia, Jude holds expertise of over two decades in Marketing including, brand building, marketing communications, business development, event management as well as broker development.
Prior to the appointment of HNBGI, Jude has held many Senior Managerial positions. At his last position, Jude served Orient Insurance Limited as the Senior Vice President for Distribution and Marketing for a span of five years, prior to which he functioned as the Assistant Vice President, Marketing of American International Group (AIG). He has led many initiatives in developing distribution initiatives as well as strategizing operations and setting up and monitoring distributions channels. In addition, Jude has served Asian Alliance Insurance as the Head of Marketing for a period of two years and Union Assurance PLC as the Manager for Broker Networking for a period of six years.
The festive season is filled with happiness and celebration. Stay safe on the road and make this season more memorable. Here are some useful tips to keep in mind.
- Don’t drink and drive – Drunk driving is a major contributory factor to road accidents and road deaths. Plan ahead alternative transportation modes to travel during the season.
- Control the speed – Watch out for the speed on the road. Do not attempt to exceed the maximum speed limit on a given route.
- Wear your seat belt – Always buckle up. Wearing your seat belt can reduce your risk during a crash. Make sure the passengers are buckled into appropriate safety seats.
- Obey road rules –Always obey the rules of the road. Stay within the speed limits at all times.
- Carry an Emergency Kit – An emergency kit should include items that would come in handy if you are stranded on the side of the road or involved in a vehicle accident.
Worried about driving in the heavy showers? Here are some useful road tips to ease your drive during the rainy season.
Know the Route: Make sure you’re aware of the proper route of your destination. Avoid suing any congested alternative routes or roads that are flooded.
Follow the Rules: Adhere to road rules and respect the fellow drivers. Following road rules reduce accidents rates during the rainy season.
Lights Matter: Make sure that your vehicle is visible to your fellow drivers and other pedestrians. Use appropriate lights to be seen during the heavy showers.
Slow Down: The roads are slippery. Slowing down will avoid many unpleasant situations on the road during thunder showers. Take extra care to slow down when rain first starts, as fresh rain will bring out the oils on the roadway and make roads more slippery.
Give Room: Make sure to give enough space to other vehicles and always main an appropriate distance between two vehicles. In case of a sudden breakdown, your vehicle wouldn’t be stuck in the middle.
Sudden Movements: Avoid sudden movements on the roads. Stick to your lane and adhere to the given speed limit.
Watch for Pedestrians: Watch out for pedestrians on the road and on pedestrian crossing lines. Pay attention to the road and leave distractions aside.
Here are some quick driving tips to keep in mind!
- Be safe on the road. Don’t let children to fight or climb around in the vehicle. Make sure children are always buckled up and the doors and shutter and closed and locked appropriately. One accidental bump or too much noise can easily distract you from concentrating on driving safely.
- Avoid cell phones and other distracting devices. Cell phones can easily distract you from the task at hand. Keep all the devices aside and focus on the road.
- Avoid driving when you’re tired or stressed out. Be aware that some medications can cause drowsiness and make operating a vehicle very dangerous. Get adequate sleep and make sure you’re physically and mentally fit enough to drive a vehicle.
- Always use caution when changing lanes. Cutting in front of someone, changing lanes too fast or not using your signals may cause an accident or an unpleasant situation.