Your vehicle is your primary mode of transportation and depending on who you are, may be a significant source of pride in your life. How terrible would it be to lose your dream vehicle? It can happen in a moment, so be careful. To avoid car theft, use the following common sense steps to keep your vehicle as well as your valuables safe and secure
- If you are parking, ensure that you park your vehicle in an area which is well-lit, or near a busy area, such as near the entrance/exit of a shop where there are people nearby
- Lock your doors and windows, even if it’s for a short while
- Keep your keys on you at all times. Especially if you are running out to the ATM or grab a quick bite to eat
- Keep valuable items away from prying eyes: Simple enough. If someone sees a laptop, phone’s, camera’s, credit cards or other valuable items in your car unattended, they may be interested in stealing it.
- Go with your gut: If something looks amiss, such as the location or the people nearby: don’t park your vehicle. Never confront anybody since its not worth it. If you are genuinely concerned about yourself/someone else, stay in your car and call the police.
- If you haven’t got one already, consider purchasing a car alarm/ security device for your vehicle
Whats the best advice you’d suggest if you want to protect your vehicle and the objects inside? Tell us in the comments!
Disclaimer: The views shared in this blog are based on the macro economic conditions & industry status quo as per the time of publishing.